The Unit is responsible for the safeguard of Government property against theft,
pilferage, misuse, misappropriation; and it ensures that the desired value is derived
from the expenditure on procuring of goods and services.
Specifically, the functions include:
· Pre and post-verification of all procurement of goods, materials, works and services
in the Ministry;
· Inventory of all Government property, both serviceable and unserviceable items;
· Monitoring of stores, both stock-out and stock- in level (including physical balances);
· Valuation of unserviceable stores, formulation of the process and supervision of disposal; and
· Submission of periodic Reports to the Accounting Officer.