- Written by Jonathan C. Uzoh
· every year in partnership with the State and Local Governments, private sector and through social housing.
· Job creation in the Housing & Urban Development Sector through new opportunities.
· Slum upgrading and urban renewal for the enhancement of the living environment.
· Strategic focus on social housing, real estate development and maintenance.
· More effective land utilization and cost effectiveness in infrastructure provision through transition from the development of one unit houses to multiple-floor buildings.
· Development of a Housing Finance Model, involving the provision of affordable long-term mortgage finance ranging from 25-30 years.
· Efficient and effective land administration system through computerization.
· Human capital development in terms of adequacy in number, skills sets and competencies.
· Increased local content in the housing sector through the production and use of local building materials and technology in housing projects.
· Adequate provision and maintenance of Public Buildings.
· Establishment and maintenance of a National Housing Data Bank.